Eyelid Piercing metal stickers of various configurations are pierced through the skin and worn as permanent Eyelid Piercing. Hardly any part of the body is spared. Preferred locations are Eyelid Piercing and eyebrows. Getting “pierced”, however, is by no means harmless: In the last few years, there have been increasing reports of side effects, including severe infections that endanger the eyesight. In addition to direct injuries, the eye is also affected by infections that can spread from the piercing points to the eye. In addition, toxic reactions and allergies to piercing are known.
Eyelid Piercing, or more precisely the Eyelid Piercing, reacts like normal skin to numerous substances with an allergy. These can generally be cosmetics, but also drugs or components of these preservatives. Piercing While there is hardly any risk of an allergic reaction with metal pens made of precious metals, stickers of inferior quality above all lead to typical swelling around the lid area due to contamination with copper, nickel, and cobalt. With regard to allergies, nickel, in particular, seems to be the most dangerous, while copper Rr is known to be toxic to cells. It was also observed that the allergies do not necessarily have to manifest themselves in the direct vicinity of the sticker, but often also from pens in other parts of the body lead to allergic symptoms on the lids or conjunctiva. Piercing Mechanically, this is a classic immune reaction of the delayed type, which is mediated by T cells and only leads to the typical clinical signs of swelling, reddening, piercing, and itching a few hours to days after contact with the allergy-inducing substances.